Sunday, March 3, 2013

Family Updates: Riley- 2 1/2 Years Old

Riley has grown SO much these past few months- physically, mentally and emotionally. I know I usually say that every time I'm giving an update on Riley... but it's true! She's become such a great big sister and I can see she's discovering herself more and more each day.
  Riley has definitely been going through that "sponge brain" phase where she's been soaking up all these new things we've been teaching her and doing a really good job remembering! At 2 1/2 years old she knows how to: count to 20, count to 10 in Spanish, recognizes colors, recognizes numbers, recognizes her alphabet, knows the sounds of the letters of the alphabet, recognizes different shapes, and other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. She is also an amazing singer (biased opinion) and she loves to DANCE!


Riley's most recent accomplishment has definitely been POTTY TRAINING! And boy, was I dreading that! We tried starting before Andi was born, that way we would only have 1 babe in diapers making it a little easier on us. She didn't pick it up right away and she didn't quite understand not to pee on herself when she wasn't wearing a diaper. But obviously that's a normal reaction. It was a little easier to be consistent with her during Ruben's family leave. Lucky for us, I could recognize right away when she would need to go and eventually she picked it up and would tell us if she needed to "go pee pee". I eased her into it, so I think that made it easier in the end for us all. She is now diaperless and has only had 2 accidents at night time these past 2 or so weeks. We're so proud of you, Riley! You did it!!!

Keep checking back for more updates!

-Paige

Check out these links!

Click here to read an update on {Ruben & Paige}
 
Click here for our {latest VLOG}
Click here to read my {Mommy Blog} 



No comments: