Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumpkin Carving & Halloween 2012!

I can't believe the Holidays are already here! AND that we're already done with 1 of them! Halloween was a little more special this year because Riley was finally able to understand more about it and recognize all the decorations that were around. "Halloween!" "It's a punkin!" "Ooo, scary!" She talks so much these days, I love having conversations with her!

Pumpkin Carving
Last year we didn't get around to carving pumpkins so I really wanted to make sure we did it this year. My mom took Riley out one day and got her 2 pumpkins, a big one and a small one- so we carved those! I put Ruben in charge of carving the big one and Riley and I painted the small one. Riley was really freaked out by the pumpkin insides for some reason, so she didn't want anything to do with helping clean out the big pumpkin. I decided to paint a kitty on the small pumpkin, so Riley and I painted the whole pumpkin together and then I painted the cat myself. Ruben decided he wanted to carve Muno (from Yo Gabba Gabba) so I free handed the "stencil" and he cut it. I guess my stencil wasn't very good because he ended up falling apart at the very end :( Sorry, Riley! Hopefully next year Riley will enjoy pumpkin carving a little more... and with her sister! :D
keeping busy while the pumpkin dries!
poor Muno :(
Halloween
During the day, Riley and I had lunch with my mom and my sister at Souplantation. When we got home, I sat down with Riley for a Halloween craft! I think I was a little more interested in it than she was, because she wanted to watch movies on her Leap Pad instead. I made a cute little paper banner for the house/Ruben's mom. After Riley took a nap, I gave her a bath and got her ready to go to Gigi's house. Riley and Amelia dressed up together again, this year as the black and white swan! We've gone to my mom's house every year for Halloween to trick-or-treat at the neighbors' houses and to see my sister and niecey. When Ruben got off work, we took Riley trick-or-treating around our house. We did a lot more trick-or-treating this year than any other year! She loved walking up to the houses and saying "trick-or-treat!" and then she would say, "thank you! see you soon!" haha! Our sweet little girl :) She lasted about an hour with half of a pumpkin full of candy! Ruben carried Riley home once she got tired and we changed into pajamas and she got to have 1 lollipop before she got ready for bed. Hope everyone had an amazing Halloween!

No comments: