Friday, October 26, 2012

40 Weeks: Andi *Update*

As of today, 10/26/2012, I am currently 2 days PAST my due date! Can you believe it!? Time practically flew by with this pregnancy... but then again, Riley has definitely been keeping me busy! I was so sure that Andi would be early just like Riley was, but it seems to be that she will be the exact opposite.

I have been going to see my Dr. every week for the past month now; the visits mostly consist of checking my weight, blood pressure, fundal measurement and listening to the heartbeat. Since I am now past due, I will be going in this Monday to have an NST (Non-Stress Test) at the hospital to make sure Andi is doing okay with the extra days. I am 1000% positive that she is and will be fine in there for a little longer, she is the one that wants to stay in after all! I have my (hopefully) last Dr. visit next Thursday, 11/1/2012, and should be given more information about getting induced soon after that. However, I'm crossing my fingers that Andi will come out on her own without having to be forced! Because that doesn't sound like it would be an enjoyable labor experience :(

Looking forward to everyone meeting her when she finally decides to grace us with her presence! 

2 comments:

Claire & Daniel said...

Induction never sounds like a good idea =/ She is in there cuz she still needs to be for whatever reason. She'll come when she's ready. Best of luck to you, Paige! I know you'll do a great job again :) Call me if you need aaaanything!!! postpartum/breastfeeding advice or anything!!!

Paige said...

Thank you Claire! It's nice knowing I have mommy friends that I can turn to if I need it :)