Friday, May 11, 2012

Riley the Big Sister!?

Yes, it is true! The Ramirez family will be adding another descendant to their family tree! But most importantly,  Riley is going to be a big sister!!!! After having Riley, I honestly didn't think that she would have a sibling for years and years! In a perfect world, I did want her to have one that was close to her age (2 years apart, to be exact) but never thought of that as a possibility... until now!

The news came with an amplitude of emotions for me; I was nervous, excited, happy, scared, confused? The first thing I wondered was how things would be with 2 kids, instead of just Riley. And how I knew we were going to have to make many more changes to our comfortable lives upon welcoming baby #2.

I know though, without a doubt, that I have an amazing support system and that this baby will be just as loved and spoiled as Riley still is. And with that being said, I am overjoyed that I will be bringing another beautiful baby into the world.

BABY UPDATE: I had my first Dr's appointment last month (April) and they estimated my due date to be October 25th... a HALLOWEEN BABY!!! You don't know how thrilled I was to know that I would be able to have at least 1 costume birthday party! I went back a week later for an ultrasound, in which Ruben was able to attend, and they said baby looks healthy with a nice strong heartbeat :) We will be able to find out the gender sometime in June! (20 weeks)

No comments: